Yellow houses at Nyboder, Copenhagen
Yellow houses at Nyboder. This was built as a residential area for the people of the Royal Danish Navy – commissioned by King Christian IV. The first building was finished in 1631 and 10 years later a total of 20 houses - with more than 200 apartments - were built. Today, the buildings still house enlisted personnel of the army, air force and navy, but the priority of enlisted personnel was stopped in 2006. The apartments are now very popular among people living in Copenhagen – despite the fact that they will have to bend their heads several times a day because of the low door-frames.